Wednesday, April 14, 2010

NAGE about to lose Court Officers......

Looks like SEIU/ACORN 5000...also known as NAGE, is about to have their dues collection racket taken away from them by NEPBA..... a union that is keying off the legacy of failure by NAGE to get these folks a fair contract. The Court Officers are fortunate to have another union willing to take a run at NAGE....

The signatures requesting a representation election are pouring in.....

AS NAGE CONTINUES THE FALSE PROMISES



















We
would like to thank the over 1,100 members who have filed individual
show of interest cards or petitions in order to file for an election
with the Massachusetts Division of Labor.  We would also
like to thank those of you who participated in collecting signatures,
as well as those union members who worked tirelessly to make this
election a reality.  We owe a tremendous debt of gratitude
to those union members who gave their own free time, as they worked the
phones, developing data bases, working in our office or those who
simply called to express their sincere gratitude.  WE WOULD LIKE TO THANK EACH AND EVERY ONE OF YOU FOR YOUR DEVOTION TO THE DEMOCRATIC ELECTION PROCESS!


YES, WE STILL NEED ADDITIONAL SIGNATURES
AND WE HAVE PETITIONS THAT ARE IN PROCESS OF BEING SIGNED AS WE SPEAK –
BUT WE NEED YOURS TODAY!


 


In fact, we received over 55 individual signatures in the mail today!


 


New England PBA, I.U.P.A., AFL-CIO we will NOT file our “show of interest” cards/petitions until after
NAGE has its meeting with Chief Justice Mulligan, in order to avoid any
possible excuse by NAGE that they would have been able to sign a
contract – if NEPBA had not filed its petition! 


NEPBA WANTS 65% OF THE MEMBERSHIP – NOT THE REQUIRED 50%


 


Like most of you, we believe NAGE is full of hot air and false promises and your members are NO closer to a contract today, than you were last Tuesday…or LAST YEAR…or NEXT Tuesday…OR NEXT MONTH!  We will give them the ONE last opportunity to come clean and admit they have failed you, your fellow workers and your families!


 


TELL NAGE YOU HAVE HAD ENOUGH OF THEIR EMPTY PROMISES!!!


N. (Not) A. (Another) G. (Goddamn) E. (Excuse)


 Call NEPBA at 978-453-2500 and ask for a petition or individual card.


 




3 comments:

  1. This is about the only site I can find that supports my (and others) views that NAGE should be doing a better job representing it's members. Unfortunately, NEPBA seems geared to only represent law enforcement. So what other Union is capable and willing to best represent other NAGE members such as those who are providing Administrative Support and the Information Technologists? MOSES perhaps, I think not. Best wishes to the Court Officers, you're lucky to have a viable choice...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous17 May, 2010

    try a union called united public service employees union. we have them here in conneticut. they've taken over many SEIU units.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Anonymous13 June, 2010

    I also tried to find an alternative union because I wanted to reach out to them. I had problems at work and I learned NAGE could care less. They did nothing and I paid a high price for that.

    In the process of defending myself I also learned there’s a whole world of prohibitive labor practices by employee organizations. There’s no question NAGE violates their duty to provide fair representation by their organizational structure alone as do individual representatives.

    They have a duty to provide representation and do it in good faith. We all know they don't.

    I was relieved when I found this site and intended to openly contribute but I can't due to the political views that are expressed. Someone’s political views are not an issue for me but associating myself with this site is the same as supporting the political stance and I’m just not comfortable with that. – I sincerely do not mean that as an insult or even a political disagreement. I just can’t mix politics with my/our problems with NAGE.

    NAGE members need help and I want to share my experience, the union's legal requirements, what our rights are and hear other stories - AKA: get organized.

    Maybe I'll create a site myself - again - no offense. If anyone is interested let me know – NAGEmembersforum@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete